I love pancakes, they are one of the most versatile things I make in my kitchen. So many options; sweet, savoury, nutty, packed with fruit or veggies and endless flour choices. They are so quick and easy, to make, always delicious and always popular in my family.
The ones I made today are packed with berries. Many, many berries, because don’t we all love berries?
Aside from their sweet and pungent deliciousness, berries are wonderfully good for us, containing a wealth of antioxidants and phytonutrients to help our bodies detoxify and keep us in tip top shape.
I actually made these with a frozen berry smoothie mix, which I defrosted then mashed them with a fork and added them to the pancake batter. I then added an extra handful of fresh blueberries. (Because one can never have too many blueberries.)
I used gluten free flour but this will work with any type of flour, buckwheat, oat, rice… the options are endless.
Very Very Berry Pancakes
- 125 g Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh berries
- 1 egg
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- Mix the egg and coconut milk into the flour.
- If using fresh berries, mash them with a fork and add to the batter. If using frozen berries, defrost them until they are soft enough to mash and add them to the batter.
- Use approx 1/2 – 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter in a skillet on medium heat, flipping each pancake halfway through until they are golden brown and firm all the way through.
This GreenPan 12.7 cm Ceramic Non Stick Round Open Fry Pan is my all-time favourite non-toxic pan for making pancakes.